August 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink August Blog Hop and Moxie Fab World Movement Challenge

WOW, this was the fastest card I think I've ever made!  I was in my studio today, making a card for my design team when my mojo took a turn.  I decided to take a break and hopped on my laptop.  Oooo - I saw the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop and was instantly inspired - right up my alley!  This will be my very first one I've entered and will NOT be my last!
Nichole has given us a lot for inspiration.  She says, "This month's inspiration is all about autumn patterns, textures & textiles.  Think warm & cozy woolens, houndstooth, tweed, burlap, felt, corduroy. herringbone and even argyle.  You can create your own custom patterns & textures with stamps or impression plates.  Or you can incorporate actual fabrics, felt, yarn and other textiles in a creative way."

I think I was able to accomplish that in my card.  I used herringbone and plaid, gave texture with wet and dry embossing, used burlap, twine and a bow made out of seam binding.  I even stamped a coppery Fall sentiment on the "harvest moon!"
And I am also entering this in the Moxie Fab World Movement Challenge. I started out with a focal point (the embossed Fall definition) and moved on to the leaves and ribbon.  Going down to the bottom leaf and then the burlap, back up to the sentiment, your eye goes full circle.  This was such a wonderful lesson.  I had initially wanted to enter the Focal Point Challenge, but DH and I decided the card has more movement than a fixed focal point.  He's so smart!

Cath at Moxie Fab World has a series of lesson challenges planned and you can find more in this fabulous special issue of the Card Design Handbook.  I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and I would love it if you leave me a comment!

Supplies:
Stamps - PPI, Hero Arts
Paper - MME, Bazzill, Ellen Hutson, Bazzill
Die - PPI Tiny Tags, Silhouette SD (leaves) Spellbinders Nestie Classic Circle
Other - Sizzix embossing folder, PPI twine, MME brad, Funkie Junkie Boutique burlap, seam binding, Zing embossing powder copper
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips