February 11, 2012

Friends Are Like Flowers in the Garden of Life

I have a wonderful garden. Some flowers stand out gloriously and some sit quietly in the shade.  But they are all beautiful in their own special way.  

Our challenge this week is hosted by Sharon Wheet of Designs by Sharon and her theme is "Best Friend. "This challenge is a little more liberal.  Make a paper craft item (card, scrapbook page layout, a 3-D item, an altered item) for a Best Friend! It can be for a birthday, a thank you, or to just let her know she is your best friend!  The only other requirement, is to include a flower!  The flower can be hand-made, an embellishment, or a stamp.  It's your best friend, you decide what works best for your paper craft item.

Here is my design team card for some inspiration.
For this card, I knew I was going to focus on the flowers.  This is not a color palette I have ever used, but I wanted to challenge myself!  I was also inspired by a piece of Venise Lace from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  This gorgeous lace is the color of the distressing I did with Antique Linen distress ink.
This was a fun card to make.  I used Hero Arts Shadow Ink, my new favorite, in Soft Leaf with another favorite, Hero Arts stamp "True Friends".  (I used Copic W-1 to color in the word FRIEND inside the frame.) This is the background that was the base of all my elements. I used a border from the Basic Grey "Kioshi" collection with Martha Stewart's doily lace edge punch.  That tied in all the colors I used.
I used quite a few die on this card. The flowers I made were with die from MFT and Taylored Expressions.  I used a Sizzix die for the leaves. The banner is another Taylored Expressions.
The last element I used is a Tattered Angels Glimmer Chip Ornate Frame.  I sprayed it with a pretty purple Glimmer Mist and then Distress Rock Candy Crackle Paint.  I sprayed the entire card with Glimmer Mist.

Please stop by Our Creative Corner  and join in our challenge!  Be sure to check out the cards from the other Design Team ladies. They are AMAZING!
Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick- It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Ann Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts
Holly Kean- Kean On Paper
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Tui Nathan- Stampin Time
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Kristin Tierney- Lilly Beth Boutique
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon
 
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Marcy
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips