October 14, 2011

Can You See It??

For the Hero Arts October 2011B Challenge, I wanted to create a card using a material I haven't tried before, acetate.  (I may have used it on a window card once.)  My mojo has been on vacation for a while, so I decided to start off slowly.  I am also NOT a student of the CAS school of cardmaking. I love it, but my right-brained self has to keep adding more and more.  Hard for me to "stop and walk away!"

I took the acetate sheet, folded it in half, and used an embossing folder of sheet music on the "front" of the card base.  OK, I'm happy with that.  I search my new stash of holiday stamps from Hero Arts and find a beautiful ornament stamp that screamed to be wet embossed.  Out came the ultra fine powder in black - nice and shiny like patent leather!

I now have sheet music and an ornament.  What am I going to use to bring it all together?  I am void of color.  Do I want color?  I dive into my stash of scraps and find my favorite black and white gingham cardstock.  I need a plan.  Ah ha - these sketches!

I choose the sketch in the upper right.  But wait - my acetate card is in portrait, not landscape.  OK, I can deal with that.  A plan is coming together!  My mojo is home!!  I take my piece of gingham and run it through my CB with the oval scalloped Spellbinders Nestie.  It needs something to stand out.  I take black soot distress ink and rub the edges of the oval. 

I search my ribbon stash for the piece behind the oval.  I find a gorgeous plaid silk ribbon I have been saving for a time like this.  I cut, snip and put in place.  NOPE!  NOW the perfectionist in me wants to come out?  Really? I still need to bring this card together.  I look through every piece of Christmas paper I have.  Nothing works!  And THEN I spot my trusty friend - that cute little piece of scrap sheet music that takes me to my comfort zone again.  It gets a rub of the black soot ink.  I have conquered my fear of the CAS card! 

I continue on to complete my card with a simple sentiment that seems to express how I'm feeling right at this moment - JOY!!  "Stop and walk away!"  It needs nothing else.  Not a pearl, no bling, no embellishment but a simple silver ribbon on the neck of the ornament.  Ha - I did get a spritz of Glimmer Mist onto the oval though!  I adhered the piece of music to the back of the front of the card and put the oval on the front to hide the glue.  Here is my finished product!!

SUPPLIES:
Stamps - HA CG226, CL343
Paper - acetate - PTI, gingham - Memory Box,  sheet music - Internet
Embossing folder - Sizzix sheet music
Die - Spellbinders small scalloped oval Nestabilities
Embossing powder - Ranger Ultra Fine black, Zing silver
Ink - Tim Holtz black soot distress ink
Bowdabra silver cord

Shortest supplies list EVER!

Thanks for looking and please feel free to leave me a comment!
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips