April 05, 2011

Hero Arts April 2011 Challenge

 The Hero Arts blog is having their April 2011 Card Challenge and this month there are several categories to enter.  I decided to use their sketch #4.  This is my interpretation.


I started with a 5"x7" cardstock base in aqua and then topped it with a pale yellow textured card front by Bazzill.

Next, I glued a strip of patterned paper by Basic Grey to the front. With a scrap piece, I used a Martha Stewart punch to cut out three butterflies and added Hero Arts pearls to their bodies.  I glued them to the top left of the card.

On a strip of the pale yellow cardstock, I used THIS technique from Jenny Suchin, using Hero Arts stamp CG174 Vine Scrolls and Distress Inks, Broken China and Aged Shutters.  I stamped a SPRING sentiment from HSN with a combo of VersaMagic inks, Turquoise Gem and Sea Breeze.  I used Pop Dots to attach this strip horizontally to the card front.



My final step was a Tattered Angels Textured Fonts butterfly.  I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist in the Bubbles color.  After letting it dry completely, I attached it with Pop Dots to the yellow strip, positioning it over the floral vine pattern of the stamp.


Thanks so much for looking! Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips